Electric vehicles (EVs) have become increasingly popular in recent years, and with that popularity comes the need for more charging stations. However, finding a charging station can still be tedious for the average vehicle owner, and knowing the best time to visit one can make things much easier. Here are some tips to help you know the best time to visit EV charging points that work for your lifestyle:
- Check the charging station’s occupancy status: Many EV charger points and stations have an occupancy status online that customers can check. They can do this through a website or mobile application that gives you an idea of how many charging points are currently in use. Knowing this can help you plan your visit when the station is less busy.
- Some charging stations may be busier during certain times of the day. For example, a charging station near a shopping centre may be packed during the afternoon and evening when people are shopping. In short, factor in those instances to help you find the best time because you should avoid what you do not like doing or experiencing.
- The crowd of a charging station may also vary depending on the day of the week. For example, a charging station near a tourist attraction may be busiest on the weekends when more people visit the area because they need to charge their vehicles or go to the best EV charging station in Singapore for vacationers.
- It is always a good idea to check for any special events happening in the area of the charging station. For example, if a large concert or sporting event is taking place nearby, the charging station may be busy before and after the event. Keep that in mind if you dislike jam-packed stations when trying to save time or when crowds overwhelm you.
- Use a charging station locator application that can help you find nearby charging stations, as well as provide information on their occupancy status and the types of charging points available. Also, have a proper connection (through Wi-Fi or mobile data) because these platforms require them to get real-time information.
In conclusion, knowing the best time to visit an EV charging port can make your life easier because you can save time or effort. Gladly, SP Mobility has the features we mentioned above, and you can check their website for more information on their EV charging points across the country.